Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Legal Jargon

Today I spoke with the lawyer to finalize the contract that must go with a surrogacy arrangement. They like to cross all the t's and dot all the i's to make sure in the end everyone is protected in this situation.
It's amazing all the things that they cover. From the obvious, like it's not my baby and my IP's get the baby after delivery. To the not so obvious....no tattoos and threesomes after I become pregnant. Well there goes Friday nights!
In the end the contract is there to protect everyone involved. I'm just happy it's done now. Check another step off the list!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, seriously? That is so fascinating! Are you allowed to have sex at all? I mean, if you are married that's kind of a given but . . . I dunno, I'm so curious as to how this all works.

    Do you get to hold the baby when it's born, or does it go straight to the mom?

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete