Sunday, October 17, 2010

Protocol Step #2 Initiated!

So, the purpose of the BCP was to alter my cycle and after the 14 days on it I was to get my period. On day 2 of my cycle I was to go for an ultrasound at the OFC. Well, the BCP was too low in estrogen and I was on it for too short a period of time. What does this all mean? It means my period never came. The clinic in Toronto sent me for an ultrasound and blood work anyways yesterday to see where things stood and how to proceed now.

They discovered that my uterine lining is getting thicker so they have advised me to start on the Estrace. I am to take 2 pills three times a day. Estrace is used to thicken the uterine lining and make the uterus ready for the transfer. The idea now is that I won't get a period at all and 10 days from now will go back for another ultrasound and more blood work. After those results we will know the exact day of transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment