Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Personal Accomplishment

After the last transfer I decided that the best thing I could do while waiting for the next transfer was to get myself into the best possible shape I could. So after Easter I hit the gym. A couple months after that I started jogging on the treadmill. At first it was for 60 seconds at a time then a rest. Then I moved up to 90 seconds and eventually I was able to run for 10 whole minutes before I had to stopped. I moved my running outside and increased my distance to finally getting to 5K. Today the hard work paid off as I ran my first race. I ran in the CIBC Run for the Cure. It was an amazing experience. One that I will never forget and one that has made me want to run even more. Two weeks from now I'm running in the MADD Dash, another 5K run.

My plan is to continue to run after the transfer is done. As long as the doctor gives me the green light I will run....can't stop...I'm addicted!

1 comment:

  1. Getting your body healthy is one of the best things you can do right now!
    You've done such a great job getting in shape, and it's an amazing accomplishment to run in a race like that! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete