Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Do You See What I See?


It's 2am and my son is calling my name. He's sick and running a high fever. As I'm on all fours cleaning up the vomit I think "I should take a pregnancy test". It's been 9 days since the embryo transfer and by now hormones levels should be high enough to show a positive result. I should know this....I've been impatient. Over the past few days I've taken a 'couple' tests but all were negative....it was just too soon.

So, at 2am on a Wednesday morning I peed on a stick and sat and watched...and waited...and saw two pink lines appear....I'M PREGNANT!!!

The flood of emotions overtook me. I sat and cried tears of joy for my IP's. This is it! They're having a baby!

The excited person in me wants to call them and wake them up. If ever it's okay to wake someone at 2am to tell them something, this would the time! The rational person in me decided that they should enjoy all the sleep they are going to get for the next few months. Instead I took a picture of the two pretty pink lines and sent my IM an email with with the subject line "Do You See What I See?" I'm expecting a phone call by 9am.

Through all the obstacles to get to this point we've always said that things happen for a reason. I firmly stand behind that belief today. We knew 9 days ago in the Dr's office that this time was different. I knew with each twinge I've felt over the past week and a half what I was feeling. I knew that we'd see those two lines. And I know that my IP's are going to make two amazing parents. They've been through so much and deserve to have their dreams fulfilled.....just 37 weeks to go and that will happen!

If my math is correct....and don't bet on it....my due date will be February 13th, 2012!




3 comments: