Monday, November 23, 2009

How It All Began

Let me give you a little background history on why I would decide to do something like this. When I was 8 my aunt had a baby who grew his angel wings two days after he was born. My other aunt was never able to have her own children but adopted two boys who are now in their late teens. Watching these women who mean the world to me go through these struggles had a huge impact on my life. So even at 8 yrs old, I decided that if I ever had the chance to help a woman like one of them then that was what I was meant to do.
At 16 I learned about surrogacy and after some research decided when I was old enough and ready I would become a surrogate.
After our twin girls were born eleven months ago I knew our family was complete. Yet, I was not done having children. It was now my opportunity to find the couple that I was meant to help.
I started searching websites and forums. I posted an ad on a surrogate website and was contacted by a representative of the couple. After a few emails back and forth I had phone conversation with the IM (Intended Mother). After a two hour conversation I knew that I had just found my couple.
I am lucky to have the love and full support of a fantastic husband who has been beside me through all of this. He has understood from the beginning why this is so important to me. I'm truly lucky to have him in my life.
So we've had our early tests done, blood work and all that stuff that the doctors need to accept me as a surrogate. Now we are just counting down the days to the transfer. Over the next few weeks I will have more blood work and ultrasounds done to pinpoint the exact date of when the transfer will happen.
I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are awesome - thanks for allowing her friends to be included in this exciting and long awaited journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be able to follow this. Surrogacy is such a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete