Friday, May 20, 2011

A True Friend Will Inject You in the Ass

This week has been busy and full of changes in preparation for Monday's embryo transfer. I've been continuing along with the Estrace and will do so until the doctor tells me to stop. I have also begun taking antibiotics; two times a day for three days before the transfer happens.

Today was the biggest hurdle for me....the first needle injection. I'm not afraid of needles...just the anticipation of them. If there is pain with them it's going to be 12 weeks of pain. I needed to mentally prepare for that! I'm a lucky girl though, I have friends who are nurses and for some reason are more than willing to stick a sharp object into my backside. My friend Chris had the honours today. I was lucky to be in the hands of a pro because I didn't feel a thing and now I know I can handle the whole 12 week injections of Progesterone shots. Tomorrow Chris will come over and show my husband how to do the needles....again another person who is looking forward to jabbing me with something incredibily sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment